HELP Needed...My Rooster REPEATEDLY ATTACKED ME

Pics
He's a typical young roo with a girlfriend and raging hormones.What you don't understand is his aggression comes from what he sees is a threat to the flocks survival.His favorite hen just went broody and he doesn't want you near her or her eggs.His job is to protect and if he wasn't trained by being around an older rooster he's an idiot.Its not his fault.Eventually he may make a good roo but the young ones need older hens and roosters to teach them how to act.For some reason I suspect he didn't have either to teach him anything.People new to chickens don't have an existing flock to add their chicks to once they feather out.

2 year old Buff Orp. She’s laid many an egg in her lifetime, lol.
She just does not like people. View attachment 2912755
That's amazing. Well, there's no doubt she's a hen, and she's certainly a BO ... I'm just really surprised. All my BOs were absolute sweethearts. I'm hereby revoking her card! 🤣

He's a typical young roo with a girlfriend and raging hormones.What you don't understand is his aggression comes from what he sees is a threat to the flocks survival.His favorite hen just went broody and he doesn't want you near her or her eggs.His job is to protect and if he wasn't trained by being around an older rooster he's an idiot.Its not his fault.Eventually he may make a good roo but the young ones need older hens and roosters to teach them how to act.For some reason I suspect he didn't have either to teach him anything.People new to chickens don't have an existing flock to add their chicks to once they feather out.
Whatever his reasons, they don't justify his actions.

That's amazing. Well, there's no doubt she's a hen, and she's certainly a BO ... I'm just really surprised. All my BOs were absolute sweethearts. I'm hereby revoking her card! 🤣
She has never liked humans or frankly other chickens. She’s our ruthless boss lady.
Imagine my disappointment when the supposed “teddy bear” breed turned out to be more of a grizzly. 😬

Back
Top Bottom