Help! Opened eggs on day 23 and they are still alive!!

You mentioned drowning chick from broken air sac. What would that look like? I'm wondering if that is what happened/is happening to my baby duckling I just posted about in another thread. I'm new at this. How would I prevent this? What would one do if an air sac is penetrated accidentally when opening? I was at day 23. Its 25 right now.

You mentioned drowning chick from broken air sac. What would that look like? I'm wondering if that is what happened/is happening to my baby duckling I just posted about in another thread. I'm new at this. How would I prevent this? What would one do if an air sac is penetrated accidentally when opening? I was at day 23. Its 25 right now.
The air cell is suppose to be pipped into when they hatch. I'm new at hatching too so I don't know much but maybe the air cell was too small?

Day 29??? That's really late.
Ya i know I had a medical emergency and went into the hospital and my husband forgot about the eggs and when I got home on day 29 I went in to get the unhatched eggs out and clean and sterilize the incubater i opened the incubater and there was a wet chick in it so I just closed it back up for a few more hours

Ya i know I had a medical emergency and went into the hospital and my husband forgot about the eggs and when I got home on day 29 I went in to get the unhatched eggs out and clean and sterilize the incubater i opened the incubater and there was a wet chick in it so I just closed it back up for a few more hours
Aw, I'm sorry. Hope you're ok!
That's crazy! Day 29. Wow. I've never heard of a chick hatching so late. Thanks for sharing!

Aw, I'm sorry. Hope you're ok!
That's crazy! Day 29. Wow. I've never heard of a chick hatching so late. Thanks for sharing!
Oh ya I'm good my gallbladder decided to stop working so they removed it and the day 29 was the one and only time I ever had one hatch that late

Back
Top Bottom