Help please, my turkey can't walk

surgerynut

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Leavenworth, KS
I came out this morning and my 4 month old turkey can't walk. He will eat and drink when these items are put in front of him, but he literally will not get up. His legs look OK but I noticed when I examined him that most of his chest feathers are missing. This is all new. Any suggestions? I would guess him t be about 15 pounds. Thanks, Julie

Strange, so sorry!
sad.png

Could be many issues. Is he with other birds? Do you see mites? Any other symptoms? May help to post photos for the more knowledgeable folks to examine. Wish I could be of more help.

hi ive gt the same problem atm my self with 1 of my turkeys she will eat drink and groom her self but wont get up and walk abwt . if any 1 cud help me out with some info i`d b really gratfull thankyou .

i found my turkey layin on her side strange 2 today she was lookin a bit thin 2 soo 2 save her suffering anymore coz ive gave her a full week to see if i cud help her but sadly there nomore i cud do 4 her :( , found out after i looked at her liver waas double the size and was going a blackish colour and her hip was out of place , soo keep ur eye on them coz it happened 2 mine alll of a sudden . if this is anyhelp 2 any one ur welcome .

Back
Top Bottom