Help Please (Poop Pics just in case of any Sensitivity)

No problem here, poops pics are one of the best diagnostic tools.

This looks like intestinal shedding, perfectly normal on occasion.
View attachment 1908425

I have read about intestinal shedding on this site and that was what I thought it was to begin with, because the other 2 times, it looked exactly like that. Embarrassingly, I am one of the world's worst worry worts, so in the back of my mind, I started thinking they are too young for that & just going to the worst case scenario. Everyone seems to be doing well today. I did take the heat plate out last night and replaced it with the practice perch I made for them. They handled it better than before. Yay! I can't thank you enough.

~ I did a Google search for the visual differences in intestinal shedding and blood in chicken stools, but I didn't have any luck, unfortunately. Does intestinal shedding look sticky & stringy? I'm assuming blood won't look like a piece of something, like I'm assuming intestinal shedding

No problem here, poops pics are one of the best diagnostic tools.

This looks like intestinal shedding, perfectly normal on occasion.
View attachment 1908425

Thank you. I included the warning because I know some folks are incredibly sensitive to nearly everything. I'm like you & poop doesn't bother me at all. It's a bit embarrassing anytime I look through pictures on my phone and have to hurry past the many poop pictures that I haven't deleted because I am saving them for comparison, hahaha! :lau

The am in the camp of no amount of intestinal lining is normal.

I'd still wait another day or two of stopping all the extras to see if the poop is normal or not.

Does intestinal shedding look sticky & stringy? I'm assuming blood won't look like a piece of something
Yes, usually blobs like what you showed, sometimes larger and/or longer,
It's tissue rather than liquid like blood would be.

Good visual references for all kinds of poops,
just don't jump to any terrible conclusions too quickly:

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive.html

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/?topic=17568.0

20190916_082516.jpg

These deposits were under the perch this morning. I'm still not seeing liquid blood, but these sticky pieces in some of their poops. Should I start Corid or give them another day for their stomachs to get over the junk they had? @Texas Kiki @Eggcessive @casportpony @aart I can't remember who all was helping, but thank you

I'll switch their feed to flock raiser (until I can get some unmedicated starter) and start the liquid Corid in their water. I'll look back in this thread because I believe the dosage for a Quart of water was posted. Do I need to treat the 8 older birds that are outside or just watch them for symptoms? Thank you so much

I'll switch their feed to flock raiser (until I can get some unmedicated starter) and start the liquid Corid in their water. I'll look back in this thread because I believe the dosage for a Quart of water was posted. Do I need to treat the 8 older birds that are outside or just watch them for symptoms? Thank you so much
I would treat all of the birds at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom