WildCHILD400

Songster
Jul 21, 2017
Hi I have a chicken from an auction I believe is around 2 months old. She or he (idk yet) is getting over cocciadstat and on day 3 of corid water. She is getting better with that and is eating and drinking but I think she has gapeworm. What can I do it's late at night and the breathing has gotten a bit worse. She is opening her mouth and streatching her neck almost gasping for air and making a little noise as well. She is still as active as she can be rightnow getting over cocciadstat. She has been sleeping inside and away from my others. PLEASE HELP! what can I do? Will she die soon if I don't do something tonight?

I dont and its amost 1 am here and tsc will be closed for the 4th of July tmr. I love the chick so much and I dont want to fall asleep incase she gets progressively worse. Any natural remedies?

I dont and its amost 1 am here and tsc will be closed for the 4th of July tmr. I love the chick so much and I dont want to fall asleep incase she gets progressively worse. Any natural remedies?
Not that I know of. Sorry. :(

Can you see anything if you look in her mouth with a flashlight? If it is gapeworm you should be able to see red worms in her throat.

I can't really see in it, I would definitly need an extra set of hands too. Ive heard acv or garlic might work, does it? And I wan't to try the acv but im afraid more water will clog up her trachea even more as Ive already noticed sometimes her water doesn't go down fully.

She was in very rough condition when I recieved her. Dehydrated, cocciadstat, and all skin and bones. I have only had her for 3 daysand she just started eating some chick food yesterday with a bit of scrambled egg which she doesnt touch much. No grit yet. I can try for a video will that help?

I can't really see in it, I would definitly need an extra set of hands too. Ive heard acv or garlic might work, does it? And I wan't to try the acv but im afraid more water will clog up her trachea even more as Ive already noticed sometimes her water doesn't go down fully.
ACV and garlic won't get rid of the worms unfortunatly. If simple things like that worked wormer meds wouldn't exist.

Here's a link to the powder you need: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...e-drench-powder-levamisole-52-gm?cm_vc=-10005

Just get it as soon as you can on Friday.
You should administer it 3 times in 10 days, but I'm not sure of the dosage.

She was in very rough condition when I recieved her. Dehydrated, cocciadstat, and all skin and bones. I have only had her for 3 daysand she just started eating some chick food yesterday with a bit of scrambled egg which she doesnt touch much. No grit yet. I can try for a video will that help?
A video would be great.
Also, feel her crop. Does it feel empty, full, hard, doughy? Any bad smell from her mouth?

yes Im sure it would.

Back
Top Bottom