Have you seen an avian vet?

Your ordinary dog-and-cat practice might not be well versed in medicine for birds. It sounds like a reproductive thing to me. They give parrots hormone shots to stop them laying sometimes, something like that might be appropriate. Or later as a preventative once an infection is cleared.

Sometimes, I'm not sure what I'd be looking for with that. Normal chicken poops can look freaky.
Okay. Just making sure. Obvious some stuff is digesting but everything else seems to be going wrong so I wanted to be sure that it wouldn't be an egg thing.

Your ordinary dog-and-cat practice might not be well versed in medicine for birds. It sounds like a reproductive thing to me. They give parrots hormone shots to stop them laying sometimes, something like that might be appropriate. Or later as a preventative once an infection is cleared.
Yes I do have one an hour from here. It cost $150 just for the visit, the hand up her traumatizing her (I'll never forget the wide eyed look), and the medicine. With everything I'm dealing with right now, I would not be able to afford that type of thing.

Those hormone shots aren't cheap, usually $150-$250 a shot.

So I'm thinking it was mainly constipation. Gave her applesauce and gatorade, the next day she started to slowly get back to her normal self. I have yet to see her poop but It may just be a timing thing. She ate some treats, drank a lot of water, and even started pecking the others again. (She's bossy, always has been. 😆) And she's been laying down. One thing I've noticed is they're not eating their regular feed as much. If at all. I've even changed it. I'm wondering if the wild birds that move from my neighbors chickens to my chickens is scaring them a bit. But I'll post a picture I took yesterday of Feathers, the hen I've been worried about, because it's cute.

Attachments

• IMG_20230508_114346_618.jpg
    IMG_20230508_114346_618.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom