HELP!!!!!!!!PLZ

chickenjim77

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2015
palmdale ca
I panicked came home Sunday night baby goose had internally piped.. Monday night still no external pip Tues afternoon still nothing so I was afraid it was gonna b stuck inside or suffocate and die. So I assisted and broke it free very carefully. I had read Mr Pete's thread on assisting and it has just been laying there it has almost absorbed all the yolk wit do I do I'm worried about the lil baby if its OK or not:barnie

Poor thing just moves a lil bit every so often its still in the incubated wit the bottom portion of shell and umbilical still attached cherps every now and then also but that's it how am I gonna give it water it can't hold its head up or anything yet

Oh no
I dont have any geese nor have i incubated eggs but maybe cut the umbilical cord like a newborn baby???
I didnt know it was still attached. To the egg!

No I know ur not supposed to cut it. It will bleed to death..I hope there is someone on that would know more about this than I do..I just made up sum auger water and got an old medicine dropper and gave it a few drops..thanks for ur support though

The problem with helping poultry hatch from eggs before they have fully involuted the yolk sac is that you can be introducing bacteria into their abdominal cavity. I have interfered many times in hatching various poultry, sometimes successfully and sometimes not. Sometimes they are slow to hatch because they are weak or their eggs are just not of good quality. Geese can be very slow to hatch. Make sure this gosling's navel is completely closed before you remove it from the egg. Be patient, this can seem like it takes quite a while, especially when you're watching closely. I have hatched weak goslings before and sometimes it may take a full day for them to get on their feet. Slower than chickens. If it seems that all is sealed up well and it can come out of the egg placing it in a homemade "nest", usually an appropriate sized bowl lined with a washcloth or two, and kept still at almost incubator temp (90degrees) will help to get its feet under it. Don't worry to much if it is not eating or drinking a whole lot the first couple of days. Good luck, I hope the little guy or gal makes it.

Your doing everything right just make sure you keep it warm when you take it out of the incubator and you'll be good from there:)

Thank u guys for the advice and encouragement the yolk is fully absorbed now but the vent isn't yet closed the sugar water seemed to have pelted it up a lil the few drops I dripped on its beek. I hope it makes it:D

Back
Top Bottom