HELP!!! POOR 5 DAY OLD CHICK

Mqustar

Hatching
Feb 23, 2015
I just started raising chicks and got my first half dozen. Yesterday, while examining my chicks, I realized my Ameraucana had a bulge coming from her vent. I did some research and thought it might be prolapse so I went and bought some Preparation H. I've been using warm water to clean her vent everyday and tried pushing it back in, but it just comes out when she chirps or puts pressure on it. Will it go away naturally? I've also tried honey, but nonetheless it didn't work. She eats, drinks, and poops fine but I'm just worried that the bulge could be a problem. I tried separating her but she keeps on chirping nonstop which I feel puts more stress on her. The other chicks don't bother her that much and she enjoys the company of them. Today in order for her to get more rest and avoid the chirping, I brought her to my room, put down a heating pad, laid a sheet of paper over it and let her sleep on it. The thing is, if you don't put your hand on her, she wouldn't sleep. So I juggled her with one hand while doing hw with the other. I've also been pondering with names and finally decided that Hope would be a suitable name for her.
Please let me know what else I can do for her. I'm not ready to let her go yet without a fight. I'm willing to commit as much time needed. She is my little hope chick.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom