Oh. Her resting while I put a wad of warm wet paper towel on her

Nice. I'd do a five-minute compress every hour or so for the rest of the day if you can manage, then reassess in the morning. I wouldn't expect any miracles, and would in fact be gearing up to lose her—a week is a long time for an infection to brew.

That a wound above the hip would make it painful to walk worries me that this has gone to the joint, in which case a vet is 100% necessary—something like that would require oral antibiotics to even attempt to clear.

Edit: the walking issue could also just be due to inflammation from a skin infection—I'm hoping for the both of your that this is the case, and it can resolve.

Nice. I'd do a five-minute compress every hour or so for the rest of the day if you can manage, then reassess in the morning. I wouldn't expect any miracles, and would in fact be gearing up to lose her—a week is a long time for an infection to brew.

That a wound above the hip would make it painful to walk worries me that this has gone to the joint, in which case a vet is 100% necessary—something like that would require oral antibiotics to even attempt to clear.

Edit: the walking issue could also just be due to inflammation from a skin infection—I'm hoping for the both of your that this is the case, and it can resolve.
Thanks.. 😔

If the infection had gone to the join wouldn't she jerk back when I moved her leg? (Last time I had a quail die, I'm not sure what was wrong with her, but she would jerk back when I touched her legs.) Because she doesn't do that.

If the infection had gone to the join wouldn't she jerk back when I moved her leg? (Last time I had a quail die, I'm not sure what was wrong with her, but she would jerk back when I touched her legs.) Because she doesn't do that.
Then it’s probably skin deep (much more treatable!). How’s the wound looking today?

OH thanks goodness.
Then it’s probably skin deep (much more treatable!). How’s the wound looking today?
It's pretty much the same and I've been doing a compress as much as possible. She acts pretty much normal though apart from the fact that she can't walk, more like she drags herself.

And since I don't have anything to warm her I got her food bowl that I'm not using since since it's not very easy to get into and put a wet cloth with warm water on it and placed her inside. It's easier to get out than in so.

Is the injury over her spine? If she isn’t walking I would be concerned with paralysis caused by the injury.

OH thanks goodness.

It's pretty much the same and I've been doing a compress as much as possible. She acts pretty much normal though apart from the fact that she can't walk, more like she drags herself.

And since I don't have anything to warm her I got her food bowl that I'm not using since since it's not very easy to get into and put a wet cloth with warm water on it and placed her inside. It's easier to get out than in so.
Yeah, the dragging is highly concerning. You're doing good with the surface of the infection, but it's really time to see a vet if you can.

Try this—hold her and gently pull on both her feet, one at a time. Does she try to push/pulls them away, or are they limp?

Back
Top Bottom