Help Sexing my polish! Supposed to be Rooster, is it a HE?!

I'm almost positive that d'uccle is a rooster. The hackle feathers are pointed, I believe I see a few pointed saddle feathers, and that dark red blotchiness on his wing/shoulder are characteristic male coloration patterns. Plus, my two d'uccle pullets don't look like that. However, there's not much of a comb so that's throwing me off...

Quote:
That looks like a roo to me...I am sure I see pointy saddle feathers starting to come in.

ETA: I don't know anything about polish so I can't take a guess on that one.

Last edited:
Your d'uccle is a hen. How old is she? I have a d'uccle rooster you can compare her to...he is 6 months old.
82361_roo_boy_needs_a_home_091.jpg

82361_roo_boy_needs_a_home_086.jpg

I could tell he was a rooster by only 4 weeks old. His comb was more than twice the size of his sisters at that age.

Your polish looks like a hen to me as well. I have over 20 polish at the moment and my 5 month old roosters look much more roo-ish than that already. I'll post a pic of my buff rooster later if I get a chance.

Nice looking birds either way. But you may want to shop around for a new rooster.
wink.png

That looks like a girl polish to me...no signs of comb/wattles and no hackle/saddle feathers...my buff polish cockeral is about 6 months and he is definitely wearing the roo look already!

Back
Top Bottom