Help Sexing my polish! Supposed to be Rooster, is it a HE?!

aoxa

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Shediac Cape NB, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
I want it to be a he.. Unlike most posts I see. I wanted one rooster. I love the sound, the beauty, everything about them.. But my rooster is a sad excuse for a rooster. He's low to the ground, extremely quiet, very friendly, dumb (but what polish isn't?
lol.png
) and he watches over the underdog, letting her sleep under his wing at night.
roll.png

I would love him no matter what of course. These are my 'pet' chickens. Not so much a pet as a dog or cat would be, but I really care for them all.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am getting four new hens this weekend, and if he IS a hen, I could look at the roosters. Anyone have any good rooster breeds? I don't want them to be aggressive towards me of course. A bantam might be preffered. Not sure yet.

285025_2294813329229_1215953299_2756283_6963673_n.jpg

Carl the day we brought him home.

This is after we cut the feathers after a severe battle with a mud puddle.. the mud puddle won :|

IMGP8713.jpg

Is Carl a Carla? :S

hmm. Tail angle is telling me Boy, but the remaining crest and lack of any type of comb yet say Girl. I'm going with Boy after looking at the tail. Would help to be able to see the whole comb lol. Boy crests don't normally roll back like that but I had one that did at first except for one or two feathers. When he got older that changed. Might just have to wait till it either crows or lays an egg lol.

Last edited:
I'm just starting to understand the hackle feather thing.. Can you guys tell me if my Mille Fleur d'uccle has hackle feathers? She's supposed to be a girl..

Nacho2.jpg

Wouldn't be sad if it was a roo though. Her name is Nacho
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom