HELP...shavings stuck on belly of two week old???

bumblebee

Hatching
10 Years
May 13, 2009
im new to the chick thing and im concerned about one of my chicks. i just noticed that one of our barred rocks has what appears to be some of the bedding stuck to her belly (and she doesnt have any feathers there either). we have been regularly cleaning out the brooder. i didnt notice it until just now. i tried to take pics, but they didnt come out. has anyone else experienced this and if so, how do i fix it. i didnt want to just pull it because her skin seem so sensitive and thin. any help would be greatly appreciated

welcome-byc.gif
Brush them off gently and if any are really stuck use a damp warm cloth to soak them until they come off easily....

they are totally stuck on there...so just brushing wont help....i tried a warm damp q-tip (like for pasty butt), but it didnt help. maybe a wash cloth will help up the dosage and do the trick....just in case any other suggestions would be great. thanks.

the damp cloth worked great.....i think lorraine loved it.....she just stood there, closed her eyes and rested her head on my hand.

thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom