HELP: umbilical cord still attached to egg and chicken

I wouldn't worry about the dark glued down areas they will be gone in a week . Cut the cord close . leave about a quarter in from her butt. Don't want the other chicks pecking at it . I have had chicks with unabsorbed yokes where yoke sack sticks to the floor of the incubator and pulls the intestines out of the chick be careful .
I’m guessing her yolk sack broke inside her egg because she came out with yolk on her back but she must’ve absorbed most of it before the sack broke.

I’m guessing her yolk sack broke inside her egg because she came out with yolk on her back but she must’ve absorbed most of it before the sack broke.
If the yoke sack broke you wouldn't have a dry cord and you would see it . What your looking at is just excess fluid that is around the chick . And for some reason I can't ever spell what it's called . I can butcher a word so bad my spell check throws up a white flag . :lau. Whenever the cord is dry like that and still stuck to the shell I use my fingernails to pinch it into . It takes a few days for it to heal completely. Like Pyxis said wash it's butt and feed it. Not only has she hatched many many chicks she hatches all kinds of other fowl too . She is a just awesome . I just like to butt in . I think your all good .good luck with your hatchlings

If the yoke sack broke you wouldn't have a dry cord and you would see it . What your looking at is just excess fluid that is around the chick . And for some reason I can't ever spell what it's called . I can butcher a word so bad my spell check throws up a white flag . :lau. Whenever the cord is dry like that and still stuck to the shell I use my fingernails to pinch it into . It takes a few days for it to heal completely. Like Pyxis said wash it's butt and feed it. Not only has she hatched many many chicks she hatches all kinds of other fowl too . She is a just awesome . I just like to butt in . I think your all good .good luck with your hatchlings
thanks for your advice.

I wouldn't worry about the dark glued down areas they will be gone in a week . Cut the cord close . leave about a quarter in from her butt. Don't want the other chicks pecking at it . I have had chicks with unabsorbed yokes where yoke sack sticks to the floor of the incubator and pulls the intestines out of the chick be careful .
I was wondering as I have just hatched a chicken and where the umbilical cord is there is what looks like some of the intestines coming out, it would be really good to get some guidance. :)

Back
Top Bottom