Help urgent need electrolite recipe *UPDATED

Zookeeper9000

Songster
12 Years
Mar 1, 2008
Gladstone MI
I really need the recipe for the homemade electrolites now. Storm scared them so bad some of my roo's overheated lost one, 2 really bad, 1 pretty much dead. Now 2 doing ok at least drinking on their own, one is better than dead and starting to drink on his own. But no stores opened til 10 or later and need electro now and can't find the post I seen it in thanks

Last edited:
Homemade Electrolyte Solution

2 quarts water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
7 Tablespoons sugar
1 packet Sugar-Free Kool-Aid
1/2 teaspoon salt substitute

The salt substitute and Kool-Aid are optional. Store in the refrigerator.

Are there any convenience stores open right now? You can give him diluted gatorade or pedialyte until you can get her electrolytes.... Nevermind someone just posted the recipe LOL

Last edited:
Thank you all so much would like to report that all 3 roo's are alive and doing well. Have them on Electorlite mix that Bioscomp provided and they are in the dark resting. I am so impressed with the fast help and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

We had very little rain but had the loudest thunder I have ever heard in my 45 years. They panicked and over heated big time. Again I am so thankful that I had BYC to come to for help and that you all were here.

Glad to hear they are recovering and resting Jean! Sorry youhad to experience this the way you did I know it must have been scarey! I'm glad you thought to check in here and that someone was able to help out soon enough! Now once your guys have rested well, they deserve a great big juicy treat. thick slice of watermelon, half a Cantaloupe?
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom