Help- wasp nest near coop

Nest is located in a tight area up high and there is no way to smash, hit and run from the nest, or vacuum it out. It is in an elevated playhouse and the nest is on the inside part of the house! Very difficult area to move around in so spraying seems to be the best option, but we are concerned about our nearby chickens.

The chickens will be fine inside their coop for the night when you spray. Block off the vents of the coop while you spray and for 10-15 minutes after to let the spray settle. You are spraying inside the play house (which is a closed structure I presume), so if the air is moving away your birds shouldn't be bothered at all.

The chickens will be fine inside their coop for the night when you spray. Block off the vents of the coop while you spray and for 10-15 minutes after to let the spray settle. You are spraying inside the play house (which is a closed structure I presume), so if the air is moving away your birds shouldn't be bothered at all.
THANKS SO MUCH for your great advise. This makes sense and will let me sleep at night knowing my chickens will be okay.

When I kill wasps, I do it at 4-5am(still good and dark this time of year) wearing a headlight....it's the chilliest and darkest.
Or as late as possible if you're not an early riser.
Soak that sucker good...might want a mask, not good for you to breathe it either

Back
Top Bottom