Help! We need a photo of chicks in mailing carton!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by frankenchick, Nov 8, 2010.

1. frankenchick

frankenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    My DD is doing her Poultry Rep presentation on bringing home chicks. We found photos of everything except the babies arriving in their little mail carton.

Does anyone have a photo we can use, or know of a link to a site that would have one? I tried "chicks in mailing carton" on Google, and got some reeallly interesting (but R-rated) results. [​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

try google search of "shipping day old chickens" or "shipping day old poultry"

3. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    Someone posted pictures including the boxes a week or two ago in this forum. He had a picture of the sealed box and then the opened box. As I recall, he had some deceased chicks on arrival. I can't find it, but maybe he will see your post.

4. frankenchick

frankenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    Thanks, SC and Sharol!

I found an okay photo in MPC's gallery; if the one from the forum shows up, I'd probably use it instead. I looked back for 3 weeks, but it's hard to tell from the titles what some of the threads are about. I'd just read 'em all if I had time!

5. pontoosuc

pontoosuc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Richmond, MA
    Hope these help. (the guy with the shorts is the post office employee who called us on a Sunday morning)
    I have a short video of the new chicks in the box on the ride home from the PO if you'd like it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
  7. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Quote:I'm just popping in to say: wow, a Chargers' fan all the way over there.

8. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    Hi frankenchick,
    I have a set of 4 pics my friend took for me.
    I was in the hospital when my chicks arrived so she took photos to show me them, they (chicks) are in the carton.
    They're not the greatest photos, but they may do if nothing better shows up.
    PM me if you want me to forward the e-mail to which they were attached.

Carrie Lynn

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  9. pdcttc

pdcttc Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2010
    I am expecting some chicks tommorow or Thursday. If you want I can take pics showing what you want.

10. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Side 1

[​IMG]

Side 2

[​IMG]

This is how my 37 babies arrived from Welp. They'll be 4 weeks old tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by