HELP!!! WHAT GOT MY CHICKEN?!

chickenlovergoatmother

In the Brooder
Oct 12, 2018
I had a barred rock hen named Magnolia, who disappeared suddenly but there were some of her feathers in my dog lot a good distance away from her coop. My first thought was that my dogs grabbed her through the fence and killed her BUT the fence slots are too small to pull her through and I walked in and around their lot and didn’t see any bones or blood or anymore feathers? Could it of been a hawk or a fox or something? I would think our dogs would of alerted us if it was something like that seeing that they bark at the drop of a leaf. Any ideas what it could of been? Any hope of seeing her again?

Fox
Probably one vary wary as it only snatched and grabbed one. It didn't think it had time to kill many and come back for them.

Sorry for poor magnolia and you :(

It’s hard to say. Is the fence/run covered? Meaning wire on top? If it’s open then just about anything could climb/fly in.
I’m so sorry about Magnolia.
I’m wondering if you could provide pictures of your setup. It might help us come up with some ideas as to what could of happened.

Again...so sorry :hit

Sorry for your loss @chickenlovergoatmother .

I’m wondering if you could provide pictures of your setup. It might help us come up with some ideas as to what could of happened
....and knowing your location would help too.
Where in this world are you located?
Climate is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2018-12-8_10-31-26.png

Thank you all! She showed back up about an hour ago ‍♀️ We think the dogs got her by her tail feathers but couldn’t pull her through and let her go and she freaked out and hid somewhere but she’s back now! As for location, I’m about an hour south-west of Charlotte, NC! We have about an acre fenced in here mainly for the goats but a section of it is for the dogs, I have some chickens that freerange and go to one coop but I also have some in an enclosed run that have a different coop, Magnolia was one of the ones that freeranges.

Thank you all! She showed back up about an hour ago ‍♀️ We think the dogs got her by her tail feathers but couldn’t pull her through and let her go and she freaked out and hid somewhere but she’s back now! As for location, I’m about an hour south-west of Charlotte, NC! We have about an acre fenced in here mainly for the goats but a section of it is for the dogs, I have some chickens that freerange and go to one coop but I also have some in an enclosed run that have a different coop, Magnolia was one of the ones that freeranges.
Awesome! HAPPY DANCE!

Back
Top Bottom