Okay! Here are photos of the egg's cell at 21 days. Last week. Even with dry incubation, nothing was going right, humidity-wise.
906AC044-EDF2-4101-B4D0-9FFBAFDB14D6.jpeg
CF3AE072-BFFB-4C43-B7BC-164BD85EE3AD.jpeg

If he is near drowning because the humidity is so thick you could very slowly start to lower the humidity, maybe by 5%. Although 60-70% humidity is around the range it should be at in lockdown. Do you have a separate hygrometer you could put in to double check the humidity? Just don't make any sudden changes in temp/humidity.
Yes, I have a separate hygrometer in addition to the one on the nuture right lid.
I'll start emptying reservoir B with a syringe

I've only incubated goose eggs once so I'm not entirely sure how the air cells should look at a given time. In what way(s) were things not going right?
Well, from the expert articles on goose egg incubation the egg should have lost 13-15% weight. It only lost 6%. It started at 191 grams. At one week it weighed 188 grams. At two weeks it weighed 186 grams. At three weeks it weighed 182 grams. It was 179 grams yesterday. My calculations show that is only 6%.
Even with dry incubation of humidity 25%, it just wouldn't cooperate.

Well, from the expert articles on goose egg incubation the egg should have lost 13-15% weight. It only lost 6%. It started at 191 grams. At one week it weighed 188 grams. At two weeks it weighed 186 grams. At three weeks it weighed 182 grams. It was 179 grams yesterday. My calculations show that is only 6%.
Even with dry incubation of humidity 25%, it just wouldn't cooperate.
Ah, I'm sorry. It is still possible that it could be twins. Either way don't lose hope! He's better off breathing outside the air cell than drowning in the egg.

Back
Top Bottom