Help! What's wrong with my goose?

Shaycres

Songster
Jul 8, 2019
Yesterday my goose was perfectly normal. Today I got home from work and she seems to have a very crooked neck. What's wrong with her, and what do I do?
received_423133628410177.jpeg
received_675152622985017.jpeg
received_2474031279355969.jpeg
received_375034666518569.jpeg

I also know nothing about geese, but many types of poultry can suffer wry neck (torticolis, crook neck.) Sometimes it is due to a head injury, a vitamin E or B1 thiamine deficiency, or sometimes from certain infectious diseases. You can give 400 IU of vitamin E and some type of poultry vitamin that has thiamine for a couple of weeks to see if it will help. Liver also contains vitamin thiamine B 1. A tiny bit of scrambled egg or sunflower seed would also give some selenium, of which only a tiny amount is needed to help utilize the E.

I also know nothing about geese, but many types of poultry can suffer wry neck (torticolis, crook neck.) Sometimes it is due to a head injury, a vitamin E or B1 thiamine deficiency, or sometimes from certain infectious diseases. You can give 400 IU of vitamin E and some type of poultry vitamin that has thiamine for a couple of weeks to see if it will help. Liver also contains vitamin thiamine B 1. A tiny bit of scrambled egg or sunflower seed would also give some selenium, of which only a tiny amount is needed to help utilize the E.
Thank you so much. Today it appears that her neck is a bit better. However, now she seems to be very weak in the legs? She can walk about ten feet and then has to sit down before she can walk again. Quite wobbly. Other than being "weak," she's behaving normally.

Back
Top Bottom