Help with new chick

Raymond0818

Hatching
May 6, 2022
Hi I have been incubating some eggs on hatch early and is not walking or anything just chirping CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY

Welcome to BYC!

New baby chicks are clumsy and haven't quite found their legs yet until they are a little over 24 hours old. He should be okay. Unless he has a foot deformity. Do you have a picture?

Hmm... then you have to set him aside, like in a bowl lined with towels, and keep him warm until the yolk is absorbed. Sorry, that is all I know :hmm. Is there bleeding or any injury? Do you know why he hatched early?

Welcome to BYC!

New baby chicks are clumsy and haven't quite found their legs yet until they are a little over 24 hours old. He should be okay. Unless he has a foot deformity. Do you have a picture?
He hatched one day before his due date. And he has an exposed yolk sack.

Hmm... then you have to set him aside, like in a bowl lined with towels, and keep him warm until the yolk is absorbed. Sorry, that is all I know :hmm. Is there bleeding or any injury? Do you know why he hatched early?
We just found him a day early out of his shell with a lot of blood and a exposed yolk sack.

We just found him a day early out of his shell with a lot of blood and a exposed yolk sack.
Did the yolk sac break? How big is it? You need to put him a small bowl to keep him from moving around and stepping on it. If he steps in it and breaks it he can bleed to death, rip out his innards, or it could become infected.

Did the yolk sac break? How big is it? You need to put him a small bowl to keep him from moving around and stepping on it. If he steps in it and breaks it he can bleed to death, rip out his innards, or it could become infected.
It looks like he absorbed it but there is still an opening.is this normal? And his body is very bloded and squishy is that normal?

Back
Top Bottom