Help with Teenage son!!!!

triplebfarm

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Sweetwater, Tennessee
My 13 year old son enjoys raising black sex link chickens. He currently has 8 hens that are a little old for his liking. He told me the other day that he wanted some new chicks so he start start fresh with his flock, so he asked me to call my friend to see if he would buy his old hens. My friend said he would, but my son has chnged his mind twice!!! Now my friend is on his way to pick them up....should my son hold up his end of the bargain or be allowed to change his mind. I say he should sell them since he made an agreement. Any suggestions?!!

Sorry... just my opinion. He's made a decision, he should stick with it. But then I probably dont have any room to talk cause I dont have kids. On the other hand, I'd be a little PO'd if I was the guy driving to pick them up, specially on my sunday afternoon.

I would say he needs to keep the bargin. He will be fine once he gets his new chicks!!
smile.png

Ultimately, it's up to you. However, here a chance for one of life's lessons. Your son has already told your friend that he could buy them and now the friend is on the way to get them. I'm sure your friend's time is valuable to them. I'd sell them.
hugs.gif
It's not fair to your friend and we are talking about a child who is old enough to know right from wrong.
hide.gif

I have a teenager, a bit older. But he should have made the phone call once he made the decision. Having the child make the call creates more reality, IMO. Yes, you really called and said to come get the hens...

Now that the call has been made he needs to cowboy up and stick with his deal.

Make him keep his word. It will make him think about future decisions more and be less likely to make impulsive decisions. Also your friend has gone to the trouble to come over and get them he needs to have respect for other peoples time.
Plus he will be getting new birds!

Back
Top Bottom