help!!!!

brittanyd

Songster
6 Years
Feb 20, 2013
albany ga
I have been incubating for almost 4 days i candled day 1 and 2 didn't see any progress then i just candled an hour ago and i see the spider veins i also noticed a few have a perfect red ring around the veins and was wondering does this mean they died this is my first incubation i read as much as i could before starting incubation IM worried they will all die should i wait a few more days before I give up on them? or just throw them out

Throw away the ones with the blood ring... and the others are fine... update us...

Update i candled all the eggs again found 3 with a ring and 1 with a mysterious black mass so the first one i cracked open in i swear it was a heart beating then after a few seconds it stop i felt horrible second one was dead third one was dead then i got that mystery egg. OMG I HAD MY FIRST ROTTEN EGG. I will never forget that smell ugh!

I am sorry for your loss, take out those that are suspect, if you leave them they will possibly infect the others. Only leave in clean eggs without anything other than you would expect for the age. If they are all from the same hen, then it could be they are infected.

I took them out ASAP they are from 3 different hens all others look to be on the right track just the 4 that i took out I still have 18 possible good eggs

Back
Top Bottom