Help!!!!

chickadee423

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 8, 2014
I have had a few sick chickens so i have decided to vaccinate every one for every disease i can the only problem is i cant find a site that sells the vaccines for chickens and the ones i did find come in 1000 doses i need 30 at the most.. Where can i buy online?

I cant take 30 chickens to the vet plus hatched ones so im doing it myself just need to but the stuff

Jeffers sells poultry supplies. It's not very realistic to try to vaccinate for every disease. Actually few diseases have vaccines. Mareks...but it has to be done at specific ages. Fowl pox...usually not deadly although the wet version can be. You can look them up but make sure you check what ages they are given.

Once they have been exposed to a disease, they can be carriers for life. There are many diseases, and it wouldn't be feasible to vaccinate for every one. The best thing to do is to wait until your chickens are all gone, then disinfect, wait a few months, and get some hatchery chicks that have been vaccinated for Mareks and coccidiosis, or just Mareks. Most people don't have a problem with illnesses unless they buy birds or chicks from other people who could possibly have carriers in their flock, or they buy at swaps where birds can be exposed to sick birds there. Occasionally wild birds can bring in an illness, but that can be helped.

Back
Top Bottom