hen turkey can't stand up...???

sweettall1

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
I have a white hen turkey she is over a year old We did have a tom but he died over a month and half ago(we don't know how or why he died) and then my little red hen got killed a few weeks after that. So i started to notice the white hen was looking depressed She just sits out in the barnyard by herself. She is in with a rooster and two goats. So the other day I went to find her and she was laying in the back part of the barnyard. I went up to her and she couldn't even stand it was like she had no balance. I brought her fresh water and she drank and drank. So we moved her out of the pen and brought her food and she wasn't to interested in it she ate some but not a lot. It has been three days now and she is eating and drinking but still can't stand up with her looking like she is on a tight rope. She has no injuries on her and we haven't notice any abnormal discharge. Hoping somebody out there can give me advice. I hate to see any animal suffer.. Thanks:)

Where do you live? How hot is it by you. Get her cooled down, get electroyiltes in her ASAP, protiens, yogurt to help jumpstart the system....Start there and then see what happens. Excessive heat can kill.

we live in Ohio and yes it has been hot. We have given her water and food as she will eat and drink.. last evening she was chirping so she seems normal other than she can't stand . We tried to hold her up and when we let go she just falls over. We found her this way on Friday.I will say when my husband went to pick her up she pooed and it was a watery brown and threw up water. So it all just so strange . I feel so bad for her she wants to go hunt bugs and walk around and can't . Please help:(

Back
Top Bottom