Just saw you're on here too, and figured I'd give your post an endorsement!

I get all of my turkey saddles from OneMountainAcres! I've bought multiple from other sellers and these are by far the best. They look beautiful and help keep them safe! Attaching some pics of my girls wearing their saddles!

Thank you!! Your girls look absolutely gorgeous!

You should make duck scarves or wigs! To protect there necks! Maybe you could do something that looped round the back of there beak like a horse bridle! I don't know ti would work or not or even be safe, it would have to be breakaway, and would take some designing, but if you could get it to hang down form the top of the head it would work, if it sat on the bottom of the neck, it seems like it would just fall down. Here are some images!
1598841141592.png
Image 8-30-20 at 8.23 PM.jpeg
Image 8-30-20 at 7.56 PM.jpeg

I can kinda see it being the same idea as the horse halter in the picture! I drew it for you, sorry the words are blurry but its supposed to say, that the purple in the picture is supposed to be velcro. The one not he chest is to velcro the loose ends of the "scarf" that can hang down form he halter together to keep it around the neck. The velcro by the top of the head is a breakaway to make sure it falls off if it gets caught! I honestly don't know if its safe and sellable, but thought I'de share my idea! Tell me what you think! :D

You should make duck scarves or wigs! To protect there necks! Maybe you could do something that looped round the back of there beak like a horse bridle! I don't know ti would work or not or even be safe, it would have to be breakaway, and would take some designing, but if you could get it to hang down form the top of the head it would work, if it sat on the bottom of the neck, it seems like it would just fall down. Here are some images!
View attachment 2313878 View attachment 2313927View attachment 2313926
I can kinda see it being the same idea as the horse halter in the picture! I drew it for you, sorry the words are blurry but its supposed to say, that the purple in the picture is supposed to be velcro. The one not he chest is to velcro the loose ends of the "scarf" that can hang down form he halter together to keep it around the neck. The velcro by the top of the head is a breakaway to make sure it falls off if it gets caught! I honestly don't know if its safe and sellable, but thought I'de share my idea! Tell me what you think! :D

It's an interesting idea. I may test something like that this winter to see if it's feasible. I get laid off for the winter so that's when all my stockpiling and brainstorming will be happening lol. I do see the need for something like this though. My muscovy Ebony is getting a bare neck too. My most recent experiment was a belly guard for a broad breasted turkey lol. It was a special customer request. I'm waiting to hear back on it to see if it fit and how it works. It was the first time that I've used velcro. I made it with a soft, lightweight fleece on the inside and denim on the outside.

20200823_182001.jpg

if you had posted this 6 months ago i would have asked for your whole stock for bantems
rip midnight 2018-2020

Aww, I'm so sorry for your loss :( I put this up back in November of last year but it got lost in the listings for a while unfortunately :/

I would be a bit complicated for a duck because the fabric would either have to be super light wait, or water proof, so when the duck swam, it wouldn't get super heavy and weigh the ducks neck down. I honestly don't know if making duck halter is good idea, but it seems like you would have to attach it to the top of the head, or else when the duck swam, it would fall down. Even if it stopped to the head with and elastic band? I have an idea based on a hair tie I have that might work? If you can pretend that my boot dryer is a ducks head! lol! Tell me what you think. I was talking to @Duck mommy 2019 on another thread about her concern for her flock, so I got to thinking and now I am excited to help come up with a design!
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7043.jpeg

IMG_7044.jpeg
IMG_7045.jpeg

I would be a bit complicated for a duck because the fabric would either have to be super light wait, or water proof, so when the duck swam, it wouldn't get super heavy and weigh the ducks neck down. I honestly don't know if making duck halter is good idea, but it seems like you would have to attach it to the top of the head, or else when the duck swam, it would fall down. Even if it stopped to the head with and elastic band? I have an idea based on a hair tie I have that might work? If you can pretend that my boot dryer is a ducks head! lol! Tell me what you think. I was talking to @Duck mommy 2019 on another thread about her concern for her flock, so I got to thinking and now I am excited to help come up with a design!
View attachment 2314471 View attachment 2314472
View attachment 2314473 View attachment 2314475
if you could find a way to get it to stay on ducks, i would definitely buy a bunch for my girls!

Back
Top Bottom