Hen with eyes crusted shut! - Any idea what it might be?

I've haven't had to deal with live or mites (yet), but I read that Seven 5% dust would work, also Frontline spray and/or flea and tick baths. I'm sure they'll have Permethrin poultry dust or something that would work.

At least you found out what was bothering her!
smile.png

hey for starters im srry bout this whole sittuation but my chickens have mites so my dad bought a powder from a gardening store tht is sopossed to kill bugs on plants, but it is safe on chickens also bc we use it for our chickens. it is called diametrius earth and my dad said tht if u use a little on her it kills them and put some in the laying boxs so if thts whr it is coming from then it takes care of them and any other bug tht is in the coop. we used it all in out coop and it really works! wht it is sopposed to do is, and i know its gross but, slice them and it goes off and bleeds out so hopefully it will work for u too. good luck!!!!

I went to the feed store today and looked at the dust but opted for a concentrated liquid as the dust said that it shouldn't touch skin...not clear if it would also irritate the chicken's skin. My husband did some research and thinks it might also be chicken lice (?????) anyone have any input on that one?

Back
Top Bottom