Hen With Very Watery Poop, and Laying Soft Shelled Eggs

hmmm. Watching this thread too. Whatever my hen has seems to be clearing up on its own as long as it isn't hot outside, but then her eggs aren't soft, just the watery poo, going to do ACV in the water. Her eggs aren't as soft and her stool is not as explosive so perhaps not as severe. Just processed a roo and he didn't have worms and she was his favorite hen to pester so I'm thinking she is not wormy.

When I said my hen's poos were watery, I mean watery. The only thing I could compare it to is a cat peeing in a litter box. I would be scooping clumps of sand out of the coop. I tried just about everything. Then she started up with swollen crusty eyes, and I decided to bring in the big guns. She's been on Tylan 50 for 3 days now, along with Terramycin ointment, and is finally showing improvement. I couldn't have done it without the help of wonderful and knowledgeable people on this forum!!!
smile.png

hmmm.  Watching this thread too. Whatever my hen has seems to be clearing up on its own as long as it isn't hot outside,  but then her eggs aren't soft, just the watery poo, going to do ACV in the water.  Her eggs aren't as soft and her stool is not as explosive so perhaps not as severe. Just processed a roo and he didn't have worms and she was his favorite hen to pester so I'm thinking she is not wormy. 

When I said my hen's poos were watery, I mean watery.  The only thing I could compare it to is a cat peeing in a litter box.  I would be scooping clumps of sand out of the coop.  I tried just about everything.  Then she started up with swollen crusty eyes, and I decided to bring in the big guns.  She's been on Tylan 50 for 3 days now, along with Terramycin ointment, and is finally showing improvement.  I couldn't have done it without the help of wonderful and knowledgeable people on this forum!!!  :)

Hope she make a complete recovery!

-Kathy

Fish Zole is metronidazole, so I'd keep giving that. Let me check drug interactions on Valbazen and Fish Zole, but I'm pretty sure there are none. Metronidazole and Corid can be given at the same time, so thnk about that.

-Kathy

Hi! I have a CW that is acting lethargic and I thought she was egg bound BUT when I picked her up to isolate she had white creamy poo. She literally pooed when I was holding her a bit sideways. I gave her calcium and kept her by herself overnight, she laid an egg and is still not feeling well or perky. So do I treat my whole flock with wormer and corid etc? I wormed them a couple months ago with Striker 3............I have some 3 week old babies in a separate pen out there I am concerned about now.............The rest of the flock seems fine but one has a dirty butt. I use ACV and their pen is clean. Also started using PDZ for the deep litter method. Searching for answers and then noticed white poo on the area she roosts before i put her in the pen..............

Thank you!

When I said my hen's poos were watery, I mean watery. The only thing I could compare it to is a cat peeing in a litter box. I would be scooping clumps of sand out of the coop. I tried just about everything. Then she started up with swollen crusty eyes, and I decided to bring in the big guns. She's been on Tylan 50 for 3 days now, along with Terramycin ointment, and is finally showing improvement. I couldn't have done it without the help of wonderful and knowledgeable people on this forum!!!
smile.png
Hi there! I have an 8 month old hen who has had similar symptoms for the last few months and I'm wondering how things turned out with your baby. She drinks an incredible amount of water throughout the day which seems to literally pass right through her! Her poo is explosive water with tiny bits of solid. The vet put her on a round of Doxycycline which helped a little but symptoms returned shortly after finishing the antibiotics.

Hi there! I have an 8 month old hen who has had similar symptoms for the last few months and I'm wondering how things turned out with your baby. She drinks an incredible amount of water throughout the day which seems to literally pass right through her! Her poo is explosive water with tiny bits of solid. The vet put her on a round of Doxycycline which helped a little but symptoms returned shortly after finishing the antibiotics.
Welcome To BYC

This thread is from 2015 and the OP is not likely to reply.

Can you start a thread of your own - list symptoms, what you feed, age of bird, treatments if any, tests if any (worms?), photos, etc.

1703651933380.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom