Hens won’t eat

SGTdebo305

Songster
5 Years
Jun 18, 2018
663E0773-49D1-4AAD-8C6D-0B1A8E0DA2C3.jpeg

I have 17 hens that aren’t eating they do this to the food they seem healthy. They are about 5 months old I switch them to layer feed both crumbles and pellets. But they won’t eat it. It is hot here in Texas about 100 right now they have plenty of water and shade but I don’t understand why they aren’t eating. Please help

View attachment 2275137
I have 17 hens that aren’t eating they do this to the food they seem healthy. They are about 5 months old I switch them to layer feed both crumbles and pellets. But they won’t eat it. It is hot here in Texas about 100 right now they have plenty of water and shade but I don’t understand why they aren’t eating. Please help
do they have grass to eat? they may be eating bugs and grass and they aren’t hungry for food

do they have grass to eat? they may be eating bugs and grass and they aren’t hungry for food
Yes they have grass and should be plenty of bugs around. They do look happy they should be laying soon, just don’t want there to be something wrong.

Yes they have grass and should be plenty of bugs around. They do look happy they should be laying soon, just don’t want there to be something wrong.
i personally don’t think there is anything wrong. my chickens haven’t eaten there food in months. i have to keep changing it because they let it mold. they eat bugs and grass and never touch there food unless it is raining and they don’t want to go out.

I love my Grandpa’s Feeders. No mice, no mess, no mold! Plus, if you call or email, they sometimes have “scratch and dent” feeders for sale at half-off.

When it’s hot, I’ll make a thick slurry of chicken chow and water and freeze it in a cake mold. I’ll take it out to the girls in the early afternoon to get them to eat and stay hydrated. They also love chow mixed with cool water (unfrozen).
37092825-879E-4BF3-AFAC-DD48F264AAB0.jpeg

018E1210-B9DC-4439-B8B4-E0B67BFC08A7.jpeg

Here’s the feeders. 👍🏻👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom