Her crop is super hard

Are they all pooping? Did you try the oil treatment with the chick from yesterday? How did it turn out? Was the crop empty this morning?
They must have access to chick grit. This is really important to helping them grind up and process the food. Did you remove food from the brooder last night?

It may be time to change to a different chick feed.

I would suggest Purina chick starter, it isn't as powdery. And Dumor makes my chicks poop A LOT more stinkier. Plus, my chicks are more active when they are eating Purina.

I have been using the exact feed that you are using for my chicks for the past few weeks (my chicks are 3 weeks old). Even though my chicks are doing all right, I still trust Purina more.

Where are you located? I like Purina chick starter but I also feed mine on flock raiser and I dont change that through growth into adults. Maybe Purina is available where you are.

If they are all pooping fine and behaving normally then I would say that the crops are probably OK too. The chick crops really can look abnormally large and like azygous said last night they are good at over eating especially if under a heat lamp.
I live in Indianapolis

Back
Top Bottom