Her crop is super hard

Chickababie01

Chirping
Apr 26, 2018
DEDD07EB-56EA-460B-A34A-6931D6AC4CC3.jpeg 35E0993D-3563-4EB7-9B40-65700A08BA07.jpeg My chicks crop is super huge and it’s making a throwing up motion and I’m freaking out! HELP ! she opens her beak and pushes like if she’s going to throw up ! Before this she was moving her neck all weird

Attachments

• A9453FC8-7C80-4572-84C8-36DFC5CD727A.jpeg
    A9453FC8-7C80-4572-84C8-36DFC5CD727A.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 7
image.jpg image.jpg It’s also bothering her neck that’s how huge her crop is , I am so scared . She is almost 2 weeks , it’ll be 2 weeks on Friday . I am freaking out what can I do to make it go down?

A chicks crop can look enormous when it is full. From the pics. I would not worry too much, she may have got some food slightly lodged in her throat making her move her head from side to side. Do your chicks have access to chick grit in their feed and lots of fresh water with added vitamins? Keep an eye on her, but from the pics. she looks pretty normal to me. Is she pooping normally? What kind of bedding are you using? It is also possible, if the bedding is pine chips, that she may have ingested one.

A chicks crop can look enormous when it is full. From the pics. I would not worry too much, she may have got some food slightly lodged in her throat making her move her head from side to side. Do your chicks have access to chick grit in their feed and lots of fresh water with added vitamins? Keep an eye on her, but from the pics. she looks pretty normal to me. Is she pooping normally? What kind of bedding are you using? It is also possible, if the bedding is pine chips, that she may have ingested one.
I do not have vitamins in their water , what type of vitamins do I need ? & I use pine shavings

I just read your title and you say super 'hard' but in your post you say super 'huge', which is it? Or is it both?
It is both , it’s hard and it looks very very big to me because to the touch it’s super hard compared to my other chick who also sometimes gets its crop full.

It is both , it’s hard and it looks very very big to me because to the touch it’s super hard compared to my other chick who also sometimes gets its crop full.
I do not have vitamins in their water , what type of vitamins do I need ? & I use pine shavings
Ideally Nutri drench. It gives them vitamins and minerals to help keep the guts healthy and their strength up. Is the chick pooping normally?

C6E5A634-0214-4872-92EE-53EBE80B0E07.png
is this a good feed ? Or should I switch ? this is all I feed them

Back
Top Bottom