Her crop is super hard

View attachment 1390403
should I just let them sleep and them. Tomorrow? and also I turned off the heat lamp for a little to cool them down is that ok?

If ALL the chicks are eating is chick starter then grit is not necessary at this time. It is when you add anything but the chick starter that they need grit. Dumor is a good feed so there really is no need change them. They also have different protein levels for different fowl needs which is nice.

And. Chicks do perfectly fine on plain water. When they first get here in the mail and for a few days after we do give vites in water because shippin is hard on chicks... but even then they need a clean waterer and a vite waterer.

The heat lamp... those chicks are too young to be without heat. Do you have a thermometer to use to check under the light in the brooder to keep watch on the temp? Are the chicks stayin under the lamp or all away from under it or piddlin round willy nilly? If all chicks are huddlin under the light amd noisy peepin all the time they are most likely cold. If they are all stayin away from under the light all the time they are most likely too hot. If they are runnin amok willy nilly then it is pretty right. Every week you need be raising the light just a bit to decrease the temp in the brooder under the light by five degrees. This is gettin them ready to be outdoor ready when the time comes.

What you are freakin out over later in this seems lile a bunch of happy lil chicks with full crops. Soft but look like lil balls iin their neck is pretty norm of a happy full cropped chicken. Check them early of a mornin or right after a long sleep period for them and i bet those crops will be smaller from them digestin their food. The wee one with the hard crop you were given great info to do on by azygous.

Back
Top Bottom