Her crop is super hard

F99C8DC5-32CC-4E70-A962-A1387248AFA1.jpeg 0AEBC2E7-DE1D-4656-B4F8-EEAD7A316C26.jpeg D3408EF3-A939-4880-A141-761FF54610D0.jpeg
Ideally Nutri drench. It gives them vitamins and minerals to help keep the guts healthy and their strength up. Is the chick pooping normally?
I don’t know which chick is pooping like this but it’s more than likely it’s her , actually no she just pooped and it’s normal but very dark , I also have this dirt container

If she is pooping, then the digestive process is working. I am no expert here but I would let her sleep, dark if possible through the night so she does not continue to eat and check her crop in the morning. Hopefully it will be empty and she will have processed whatever was in there. Post back here unless others chime in with different advice..

If she is pooping, then the digestive process is working. I am no expert here but I would let her sleep, dark if possible through the night so she does not continue to eat and check her crop in the morning. Hopefully it will be empty and she will have processed whatever was in there. Post back here unless others chime in with different advice..
Do chicks know when to stop eating ?? Or do I take the food away for the night so they stop?

If this chick has a rock hard crop, and the chick is extending its neck and gaping its beak, those are symptoms of an impacted crop. It's not unusual for a small chick to overwhelm their crop with food, and if they've been pigging out on treats without chick grit, that's almost guaranteed to impact the crop.

Even if the crop is not impacted, a bit of oil will not hurt at all. Give a half teaspoon of coconut oil in its solid form, breaking off tiny bits and slipping them into the beak, and massage the crop very gently to disperse the oil. Massage until you feel the mass begin to break up. Don't massage any higher than the middle of the crop or she could aspirate liquid from the crop.

Back
Top Bottom