HERE WE GO AGAIN Anyone SETTING Aug 30th - Sept 8th join me!!

HI Maiden
frow.gif

W e all have questons all the time,I know i do... and usually someone here can answer or help you decide what to do......so you wont be alone.Dont worry!!
hugs.gif
Thank you. I know I will need it. It is like waiting for xmas to get here, but waiting until next spring is so far away.

Maiden
Wwhere are you in Mo? .Just saw that you live here?
What will your breeding project be on?Breeds?
I am in Drexel MO. I am breeding d'uccle's next year and going to experiment with colors on my EE's and mixing my golden sebrite roo with one of my other bantams I havent decided who yet. I am also doing turkeys.

Okay, so I said last hatch that was going to be it for the year. Set 10 Araucana eggs on the 1st and now have 6 Marans and 6 Silkies being delivered to me on Thursday. I AM A HATCHAHOLIC!!! I was on ebay looking for Maran eggs and found a person selling them here in FL. I mapquested where they live and it is a little over an hour north of me. I originally asked them if I could pick the eggs up and it turns out the gentleman works for the Dept. of Agriculture and the county I live in is his territory so he will be dropping them off. Now that's what I call excellent customer service!

Haha!!, I'm thinking we should have a Hatchaholics Anonymous site,
lau.gif
Think we would all be members!

I am in Drexel MO. I am breeding d'uccle's next year and going to experiment with colors on my EE's and mixing my golden sebrite roo with one of my other bantams I havent decided who yet. I am also doing turkeys.

Sound very interesting.Do you gave a goal gor your project?Color or size?
.I just have some 4 week old roos so havent gotten to the cross breeding or any breeding yet but i have dogs i breed so im sure i will do it.next spring.I have a black orp Midnight I think i'll try with sombody not sure who yet.
I know of a Dexter Mo... where is Drexel?
I am an hour south east of St Louis.

Wekshchick believe it or not there IS a hatchers anonymous thread on here already AND I NEED TO BE ON IT!

! I just gotta get serious about halting these hatches until spring anyway .Trying to build runs and coops now in the humidity and heat we are having here is the pits so dont NEED any more chickens. AAAHHHHbut its hard not to hatch ....

I've got 6 white silky eggs in my incubator it's my first hatch I'm very excited and worried at the same time had a moment earlier that I thoughts had placed my eggs the wrong way round in the incubator

Welshchick I wanted some lemon sablepoot eggs but I couldn't get hold of any so settled on the silkys for now ;) how long have u had ur eggs in the incubator for ?

Sound very interesting.Do you gave a goal gor your project?Color or size?
.I just have some 4 week old roos so havent gotten to the cross breeding or any breeding yet but i have dogs i breed so im sure i will do it.next spring.I have a black orp Midnight I think i'll try with sombody not sure who yet.
I know of a Dexter Mo... where is Drexel?
I am an hour south east of St Louis.
Drexel is a few hours south of kansas city , a tiny town right on the mo/ks state line. Seriously, when I walk acrossed the street to get my mail I am in kansas
lau.gif
.. Anyway I am not sure on color, I have 2 bantam EEs, a golden sebrite, a d'uccle, a welsummer and a columbian/barred rock for roos,, I will do some pure breeds but I also have people wanting any mixed breed color combos I can hatch up. So I havent yet decided which way to go I am open to suggestions from people

Drexel is a few hours south of kansas city , a tiny town right on the mo/ks state line. Seriously, when I walk acrossed the street to get my mail I am in kansas
lau.gif
.. Anyway I am not sure on color, I have 2 bantam EEs, a golden sebrite, a d'uccle, a welsummer and a columbian/barred rock for roos,, I will do some pure breeds but I also have people wanting any mixed breed color combos I can hatch up. So I havent yet decided which way to go I am open to suggestions from people
PMed wtih another lady who wasnt in Drexel but also said she was like an hour? south of KC
Forgot the town.
My daughter use to live in Independence.I have been thru KC coming from CO and once going to pick a puppy up

Breeding...As i said i havent given breeding much thought yet..just hatching .,I read ppl say they stay up nights trying to decide who to breed to who HAHA.
Guess it will be my next addiction.
I dont know much about D'uccles
These are all mini chickens arent they?Do you have ppl want the tiny ones? Eggs are so little most ppl who want my chicks want something to make a breakfast egg.
I have 2 mixed Japanese SARAMA/ bantam lady said They are barred like tiny a BR.One is more blue barred. but little like little bigger than a pidgeon or Rock Dove. She said they are near grown and they do have red combs.Girls she said
The lady gave them to my granddaugher at a meet.
They are so so cute and gentle ..but shes 13 and busy as anything and i dont have time for them. Wish they were my only chickens so i could do better with them thye are too precious...but sadly may have to sell them if i can find a buyer.

Back
Top Bottom