Here we go again (DOGS) Kinda long

lost

Songster
11 Years
May 10, 2008
,nc
I left yesterday and we came back and there they are running around the chicken tractor. It was the neighbor across the street dogs now. She has been real good about keepimg them up. Because that dog don'y like no one. But schools out so the daughter let them run.
he.gif
So when I got home I ran them off. So i could talk to the mother when she got home right. Well here trhey came back. I put a baby monitoir out there so I counld here whats going on. So they came back tried to shoot them with the bb gun but the stock broke. Its have seen better days. I didnt think it left Because it just stood there growling just being a mean dog. So I take my 410 with me. And there she was hair stood up growling not barking growling. So I walk toward her she acts like she feels froggy. So I shoot toward the ground because I know she is a kids dog right being nice
roll.png
I yell across the steet and said next time i will kill it. Here comes this 14 year old girl. She starts running her mouth.
smack.gif
But i said that dog is mean she said no its not. She stomps offs still runnig her mouth. I just told her tell your mom to come over here. Well she don't which we had church last night. So we was not home. What should I do you think. My wife said she probly went to the magistrate office I dont know yet i let you know.
th.gif

Sounds like dog AND child need muzzles!
duc.gif
somad.gif

Unless you're in an area where it would be illegal to discharge a weapon, why worry. You were perfectly within your rights to protect your livestock.
I'd still try and maintain a good relationship with neighbor. But they need to understand that you WILL protect your birds. Sounds like mom needs to be made aware of both dog and daughters behavior.

I wasn't the most upstanding teenager, but I'd NEVER have disrespected an adult. What's happened to our kids?
sad.png

The parents are what are wrong with the kids. The same neighbor hit my mail box and didn't want to tell anyone. Were moving in dec thats when i collect my money. I have been told to shoot dog by the cops and animal control. I was going to call them again but they allready have her on file from when we reported her dog being mean at us. I beleive if she did and we had to go to court. I would request the dog be qurintine. To be watch and if so he growls at everybody. Might be a good thing. thanks

You were showing extreme patience in firing at the ground instead of following the cops and A/C advice to shoot the dog.

Geez, if THAT doesn't give them the hint to keep their ^*(&* dog penned up, on a leash or in the house, then next time shoot the dog. Obviously they don't care enough to protect their dog from YOU by keeping it out of your yard. Sounds like you already have your ducks in a row and the law is firmly on your side.

Sucks for the dog though. Stoopid people...

Will animal control come and get the dog? Perhaps your neighbors will keep the dog under control if they have to pay to get it out of "jail."

I believe there are shells with rubber pellets. You can also try hand loading rock salt. Maybe some adverse conditioning will teach the dog to try someone else's yard.

Sorry about the dog in your yard. I lit up the backside of a black lab with a paintball gun...neon pink of course
gig.gif
At point blank range it stung like the devil and he did not come back. Took the man weeks to get the pink paint off the black dog.

If it is hackling and growling at you in your own yard...do not take the chance...shoot it if the cops and animal control have told you too.

EDIT: PS as to the mouthy teenager. I would call the mother or stick a note on her door. The parents need to know what she is doing and how she is talking to adults, if they do not know already. Heaven help my 11 year old the day she flaps her gums to an adult. She will be lucky to sit for a month when I am done with her.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom