Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Oh my goodness, Celtic... those pics are too cute! I can't even pick a favorite!!! Congrats on all of them!!!

Definitely draw them tonight! That will help determine whether baby is moving into position properly and the timing for pipping.

Ok, I have been drawing my air cell on my 3/8 egg, which is 25 days today. The air cell is slanted and is getting bigger and bigger every day!! It is hard to keep it from rolling over. Should I stop turning it?? Or turn till day 28? How do I know if the baby is in position? I can see movement when I candle, but it's so full in there that I can't make anything out!

Goosed, lay egg dip side up and stop turning. Once you see shadows crossing into air cell on bottom on egg past day 21 line, then you will know pipping very soon.

Goosed, lay egg dip side up and stop turning. Once you see shadows crossing into air cell on bottom on egg past day 21 line, then you will know pipping very soon.

Ok, it is turned as you said to do! Man I'm so excited!!! Sorry I keep asking so many questions. I really want to do everything right! I appreciate all of your help
smile.png

When you candle, look for shadows in back of air cell. Then as the baby internally pips, it will move its body into air cell, along bottom of egg. So, it will appear that the air cell shifts and it gets dark at bottom. I use a still air bator and can verify internal pip completion by listening for click click sound with steth placed on viewing window.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom