Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Well, I just tossed my 3/13 egg. I waited just to make sure, but it was definitely no good. So, I have 3/8, which is at 25 days and getting close, and I have 3/17 and 3/19 which are also doing great. All have movement and look fantastic. The 3/28 eggs are still up for debate. I have 4 of them. I can see a good spider on one of them...but I'll wait another couple days before tossing the others if they aren't fertile. The chicken eggs are looking good too, I can see good spiders in 8 of the 10. There's one dark shelled one I'm waiting on and I tossed the other which was clearly infertile.

fyi....I AM OFFICIALLY ADDICTED TO INCUBATING!! I really enjoy watching the babies grow from basically nothing into filled-egg fattys.

When you candle, look for shadows in back of air cell. Then as the baby internally pips, it will move its body into air cell, along bottom of egg. So, it will appear that the air cell shifts and it gets dark at bottom. I use a still air bator and can verify internal pip completion by listening for click click sound with steth placed on viewing window.
Best of luck and keep us posted!

Ok, I'll keep an eye out for the shadowing. I don't have a steth, but I'll hold it to my ear as Pete suggested in an earlier post.

I'll be sharing and questioning more I'm sure!

Ok, it is turned as you said to do! Man I'm so excited!!! Sorry I keep asking so many questions. I really want to do everything right! I appreciate all of your help
smile.png

Well, I just tossed my 3/13 egg. I waited just to make sure, but it was definitely no good. So, I have 3/8, which is at 25 days and getting close, and I have 3/17 and 3/19 which are also doing great. All have movement and look fantastic. The 3/28 eggs are still up for debate. I have 4 of them. I can see a good spider on one of them...but I'll wait another couple days before tossing the others if they aren't fertile. The chicken eggs are looking good too, I can see good spiders in 8 of the 10. There's one dark shelled one I'm waiting on and I tossed the other which was clearly infertile.

fyi....I AM OFFICIALLY ADDICTED TO INCUBATING!! I really enjoy watching the babies grow from basically nothing into filled-egg fattys.
You are offically one of us... welcome to HA (hatching Anonamus) sp?

Hahaha! You know you need help when...... I'm already planning my second batch before the first ones even hatch... I actually wake up at 2:30 every morning just to turn my eggs..... I won't leave the house for more than 6 hours at a time! Yaaaaa....
I truly enjoy incubating. And I still have a life and do things etc., I just make sure it doesn't interfere with my eggs
wink.png
LOL

You are offically one of us... welcome to HA (hatching Anonamus) sp?

Welcome to Elisi and Vicky. I had to read four pages to catch up this morning. Nice pictures Celtic. It will be interesting to check out the different colors. Amy's eggs are all I have that are Sebbies. Maybe next spring I can branch out to some of the other people's eggs to get a good mix. Igotgoosed it sounds as if you are definitely addicted.

This morning I have one that is zipping and two externally pipped. My daughter wanted to "help" them from the eggs so I had to do a search on how long it takes from internal pip to hatch to convince her to be patient. She was like, but mom the shells are so hard how do you expect them to get out? I said very slowly, they need to rest a lot, lol. Marty It looks like two of my eggs have stopped and may have to go out. It is so disappointing when they almost get up to hatch and then quit. Does anyone know if this is because they are first year eggs? I hate to say I will never attempt first year eggs again but it is hard not to try.

I love the Manna Pro game bird starter. The goslings get so big so fast and very active.

Hopefully I will have a hatch ling to take a picture of later this morning for you Iain. I am so glad that your babies are doling well and I love everyone's pictures.

Psue, I try to take care of mama believe me, but I got so wrapped up in eggs this spring that I forgot to pay my water bill last month and they turned my water off on me yesterday. One minute I had water and the next I was on the phone. I have NEVER forgotten my water bill. When the guy came back to turn it on he said that he though about coming to the door and letting me know because he had never had to shut it off before. I said to him, look around do you really think I wouldn't pay my water with all of these animals? Lucky for me I had already given them all fresh water, and I keep emergency water on hand. I told my daughter that I wouldn't do that again any time soon, like never again!

I hope my baby chicks come in today. They went from Iowa to Saint Paul MN. It must be how the air connections go. They were shipped Saturday poor babies. Time to do the milking. I will check in later.

Hahaha! You know you need help when...... I'm already planning my second batch before the first ones even hatch... I actually wake up at 2:30 every morning just to turn my eggs..... I won't leave the house for more than 6 hours at a time! Yaaaaa....
I truly enjoy incubating. And I still have a life and do things etc., I just make sure it doesn't interfere with my eggs
wink.png
LOL
lol thats not bad yet... wait till you set more before the first batch hatch... some of us have like 4 different hatch dates going at once
lau.gif

and we will help you..... help you feed the need to hatch
droolin.gif
ep.gif

Welcome to Elisi and Vicky. I had to read four pages to catch up this morning. Nice pictures Celtic. It will be interesting to check out the different colors. Amy's eggs are all I have that are Sebbies. Maybe next spring I can branch out to some of the other people's eggs to get a good mix. Igotgoosed it sounds as if you are definitely addicted.

This morning I have one that is zipping and two externally pipped. My daughter wanted to "help" them from the eggs so I had to do a search on how long it takes from internal pip to hatch to convince her to be patient. She was like, but mom the shells are so hard how do you expect them to get out? I said very slowly, they need to rest a lot, lol. Marty It looks like two of my eggs have stopped and may have to go out. It is so disappointing when they almost get up to hatch and then quit. Does anyone know if this is because they are first year eggs? I hate to say I will never attempt first year eggs again but it is hard not to try.

I love the Manna Pro game bird starter. The goslings get so big so fast and very active.

Hopefully I will have a hatch ling to take a picture of later this morning for you Iain. I am so glad that your babies are doling well and I love everyone's pictures.

Psue, I try to take care of mama believe me, but I got so wrapped up in eggs this spring that I forgot to pay my water bill last month and they turned my water off on me yesterday. One minute I had water and the next I was on the phone. I have NEVER forgotten my water bill. When the guy came back to turn it on he said that he though about coming to the door and letting me know because he had never had to shut it off before. I said to him, look around do you really think I wouldn't pay my water with all of these animals? Lucky for me I had already given them all fresh water, and I keep emergency water on hand. I told my daughter that I wouldn't do that again any time soon, like never again!

I hope my baby chicks come in today. They went from Iowa to Saint Paul MN. It must be how the air connections go. They were shipped Saturday poor babies. Time to do the milking. I will check in later.
oh sweety thats bad
big_smile.png
but I understand
hugs.gif

Sunday'my Giant Africans.

s hatch. Only set two and both hatched. These are from

love.gif

lol thats not bad yet... wait till you set more before the first batch hatch... some of us have like 4 different hatch dates going at once
lau.gif

and we will help you..... help you feed the need to hatch
droolin.gif
ep.gif

lau.gif

And here I am plotting every three days on the calendar for setting of eggs. Need to space it out to 4 I think, this three day setting is getting a bit over lapping.

We have hatch dates all the way through April, and now rolling into May.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom