Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

2 have hatched so far, 2 to go!

love.gif

Iain where is the thread for Pete sharing his hatching technique. I am getting ready to throw whatever does not sell in the bator...so we will see what we get. I usually just let the geese hatch them out but they are not going broody yet...
sad.png

What would be a good incubator kit to start hatching <50 goose, duck, & chicken eggs? I don't have any experience incubating but I'd like to try it.

What would be a good incubator kit to start hatching <50 goose, duck, & chicken eggs? I don't have any experience incubating but I'd like to try it.

I enjoy my gooseys but i've no idea what will hold that many eggs.... Celtic and some of them will pop in later and hopefully give advice
big_smile.png

Okay dumb question..my bators are still air is this going to be a bad deal? Can I still incubate them in it? I don't believe it would hurt them am I wrong?

No, you'll be fine. Just use more than one thermometer (I like 3) and watch them all, and remember to set your temps for 101.5-102 in a still air. If you buy the fan addition, or use a forced air bator, you'ld run it at 99 (for geese, other birds need 100, or just average them at 99.5).

The Toulouse egg from the first shipment is still deveoping well, he'll be on day 28 this saturday, but I expect him more like Monday night or Tuesday.

I have a still air and I have hatched 3 of 4 eggs as of today, the 4th egg has externally pipped and should be here in 2 - 4 hours, so yes it will work just fine. My bator is a Styrofoam bator. I don't recommend the goose egg turners though, the eggs are just too heavy for my small motor. It's a hovabator 602 I think.

Okay dumb question..my bators are still air is this going to be a bad deal? Can I still incubate them in it? I don't believe it would hurt them am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom