Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Sue, hope Fred does ok on her nest! Must be a relief to be hatching quail now after all your goose hatches.

I can feel my stress level rising as I get closer to hatch date (today is day 27). My wonky air cell egg looks to internally pip today. Air cells are dipping on the other eggs, but no shadows rising yet. Then I have one egg that I think quit, but not sure.

Hey sue, try offering chopped up hard boiled eggs and old fashioned quacker oats cooked to her. Had to feed these to a first year Sebbie who wanted to be broody.
thanks... unfortunately I can't see her pen without going over there :( there's a shed between the house and her pen. That will be fixed after she hatches these. I hate not being able to look out and check on everyone
barnie.gif

Update on my dewlaps: Did my afternoon cool/mist and candled my eggs. The egg I thought quit has quit. I float tested to be sure. The other 5 are moving, but I have serious weirdness with 2 of my eggs in that they look clear at pointy end. And it almost looks like the wonky one is trying to internally pip in pointy end. My other 3 are solid dark on pointy end. Has anyone seen this before?

UPDATE: As of this morning we have ANOTHER BUFF!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Can't wait to get them out of the barn pen, and into the world, but too small yet for flying critters not to kidnap. They do like their daily strolls with moms and dads in the evenings. They are so cute!!!
love.gif

wee.gif

Can't wait to get them out of the barn pen, and into the world, but too small yet for flying critters not to kidnap. They do like their daily strolls with moms and dads in the evenings. They are so cute!!!
love.gif
love.gif

Update on my dewlaps: Did my afternoon cool/mist and candled my eggs. The egg I thought quit has quit. I float tested to be sure. The other 5 are moving, but I have serious weirdness with 2 of my eggs in that they look clear at pointy end. And it almost looks like the wonky one is trying to internally pip in pointy end. My other 3 are solid dark on pointy end. Has anyone seen this before?
I had a few call eggs like that with my first set. One pipped the wrong end, the other hatched but it was 2 days behind the rest.
wee.gif

love.gif
love.gif

Heres a pic of the Erin egg thats trying to pip, and is shadowing great. The other isn't tipped, and maybe died recently. To be honest, I havn't candled at all in days. I usually do it saturday, but not this last one.

Back
Top Bottom