Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock/Show Quality Rock Thread

Pics

MysteryChicken

Preserving Gamefowl, 1 Variety At a Time🇮🇳🇺🇸
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
May 31, 2018
Tawas City, Michigan
Hello, here we can share our Barred Rocks, & try to answer each other's questions.
Please remember to be respectful to others, & help them out?

Here's my Heritage Plymouth Barred Rocks.
20201126_120412.jpg
20210107_143539.jpg
20210107_143713.jpg

Hi! I’m really curious my daughter is new to showing chickens and hopefully will this year. Can you breed barred rocks with any other colors and get a show able bird? My daughter has a barred rock rooster and I really don’t want another rooster

Hi! I’m really curious my daughter is new to showing chickens and hopefully will this year. Can you breed barred rocks with any other colors and get a show able bird? My daughter has a barred rock rooster and I really don’t want another rooster
You wouldn’t have to get another rooster, you could just get a barred rock hen.

Oh I know that part I was just curious if there’s any other colors of rocks you could breed to the barres and still come out with a legit color
Breeding the rooster with black, blue, or splash hens would give you all single barred chicks in the first generation, probably not showable. You would have to keep one of those roosters in order to get blacks, blues, and splashes in the second generation.

You'll get cross breeds which are usually not acceptable in shows.
But, some poultry show locations are allowing the showing of mixed breeds.

Back
Top Bottom