Hey there! new to the site, any Urban backyard farmers too?

I am an avid gardener that lives in a downtown area, in a suburb south of Dayton, Ohio. Recently found out that homeowners can have up to four chickens on their property. So this girl is going to research research research on the best egg layers, when and how to buy them, and all things chickens! I would love to hear from any other people living in a downtown community that owns chickens and also gardens. My lot is a double lot, about less than half an acre.
:frowHi & :welcomewelcome!!!
Glad you joined us here on BYC!
2019-12-05_23.14.24.jpg

Welcome to BYC. Much like you, I live in an area with a small yard. I have 4 hens although I did go through a period of time with an accidental rooster, he is no longer with us. All of my neighbors but one loved him. I did not like him much either frankly.

I have started journaling our time with the hens on my thread listed below. Please feel free to check it out.

My hens are pets, as evidenced by Lilly's trip to have her picture taken with Santa last weekend. If your planning on pet hens you will not be disappointed as long as you spend time with them.

View attachment 1978795
:lau Santa doesn't look so jolly in that photo! :lau

Back
Top Bottom