Hey you hatchaholics.....

itsy

Songster
8 Years
Mar 14, 2011
New England
What do you do with all the little peeps you hatch out? So many people hatch and hatch and hatch. I could see it becoming addicting.......

It depends on if I'm hatching for myself, for a friend or to sell. I just took about 30 cockerels I hatched to a nearby livestock auction that ranged from 8 weeks to 8 months old. Some of the pullets I'll keep as replacements for my older hens and some I'll sell. I kept 4 cockerels for my breeding stock. I just hatched out more chicks and have more in my incubator. These will be for sale. My local Tractor Supply store will send buyers to our farm and another feed store down the road from us does too. Most people want to buy pullets but once in awhile someone will want a cockerel.

usually i dont hatch too many, i mean there are actually times of the year that there are no eggs in the incubator, ..... LOL,, but usually i try to sell them at the trade swap meet, i cant sell the older ones there, but people seem to love the chicks, and you will see many people trying too sex the chicks by hanging them from there feet... head,,, ETc lol

Quote:
You got that right.
25r30wi.gif

Back
Top Bottom