Queen Reecie

In the Brooder
May 14, 2019
I’m a farmer with a mixed flock, newly adopted ranging from 4 weeks to 1 week old. I have 1 rooster and he’s in charge of 15 ladies.

The Rooster is a Rhode Island Red

The hens are as follows:

Amauracana
Barred Rock
Silver-Laced Wyandotte
Buff Orpington
Rhode Island Red
Araucana

I plan on letting a few eggs from each hen hatch, and experimenting to see if I can make my own chicken breed! I’m in love with the short, stocky chickens like the Buff Orpington so I’m hoping my cross can keep the squat stature <3 and I want it to be an Easter egger as well.

Has anyone worked with any of these crosses previously, and do you have tips on what threads I could look at to speak to other aspiring breeders and compare experiences with cross breeding?

I’m a farmer with a mixed flock, newly adopted ranging from 4 weeks to 1 week old. I have 1 rooster and he’s in charge of 15 ladies.

The Rooster is a Rhode Island Red

The hens are as follows:

Amauracana
Barred Rock
Silver-Laced Wyandotte
Buff Orpington
Rhode Island Red
Araucana

I plan on letting a few eggs from each hen hatch, and experimenting to see if I can make my own chicken breed! I’m in love with the short, stocky chickens like the Buff Orpington so I’m hoping my cross can keep the squat stature <3 and I want it to be an Easter egger as well.

Has anyone worked with any of these crosses previously, and do you have tips on what threads I could look at to speak to other aspiring breeders and compare experiences with cross breeding?

Also, I know when they’re under a year old and not laying eggs yet, they’re pullets and cockerels. Sorry for not specifying

Welcome to Backyard Chickens :frow:welcome
4215B3D9-486D-4421-B60F-5DE00A438B5A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom