hi from the confused english man

Hi there. If you still want to make some 'tea' instead if composting my grandad has a pretty good method. Like you other guys said, if you use it fresh it will burn whatever greenery it touches. My grandad used to part fill a hessian sack with droppings then steep it in a 25 litre bucket full of water. After a couple of months he mixed 1 part 'tea' to 10 parts water and put that on his vegetables he was growing, and he said it was great. Then you just need to keep topping the 25 litre bucket up with water. Don't know how often he added/changed the poop in the bag though but it wasn't often. Just an idea

Sorry, forgot the important part... A big welcome from another, sometimes but mostly confused, englishman

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined.
thumbsup.gif

i,ve had a good long chat with the girls and i think we.re getting somewhere ,they put themselves to bed last night with out me doing the 100m sprint round the garden for 45 minutes neighbours think i.ve lost the plot . dont you just luv em fitness and fun ......sorted out the (poo)issue nice lady down the lane is a real garden guru going to get a few classes on composting and the payment for her time is ...yes you guest it poo yeah
big_smile.png
but a big thanks for all your info guys and girls it is so nice to know your all there to help us newbys

dude, I read that you have to reduce the acidity of the manure before you can use it...
If you are composting it might not be a big problem (if you know how to control the balance of the compost) but I live in a VERYVERYvery tight neighbourhood and cant afford the bad smell. I just add lime power and soil to a spare planter box and mix in the poo every day, then do whatever with it (liquidise, plow, sell).
I'm yet to see how it smells in full summer though...
From what I have read, chickens have nostrils and likely won't eat anything they don't like.

good luck with the girlfriend...

Back
Top Bottom