Hi! I'm back! With 3 new babies.

I’d say they need a little heat still. Even a plant grow bulb would probably do. Tonight might be ok without, but the next few nights will be colder. And with only 3 ducklings, they won’t generate as much heat as a larger group would.
If you can’t supply heat, at least keep them out of any possible wind, and give them some straw or deep pine shavings.

@WannaBeHillBilly should be able to help. He lives in WV too and has recently had new ducklings!
@DuckyDonna - You wouldn't believe how large West Virginia is! Wellsburg is a three hour drive from here and the weather up there is very different from here.
I "threw" out my "poor little ducklings" after 2 weeks in a brooder in my home office and two weeks in a make-shift garage brooder.
But they were 14 (fourteen!) ducklings and they had a heat-pad plus an infrared-lamp for warmth. And their little duckling house offered a lot of protection against the wind. Just have a look into the spring-ducklings album.
At an age of 5½ weeks i released them to the wild, in the middle of a heavy snowfall…
All doing fine, no colds, coughs or sneezing, just pure action!

I just put them outside for a little while so i could clean their tub... into to the big wide world.
20190330_104512.jpg

@DuckyDonna - You wouldn't believe how large West Virginia is! Wellsburg is a three hour drive from here and the weather up there is very different from here.
I "threw" out my "poor little ducklings" after 2 weeks in a brooder in my home office and two weeks in a make-shift garage brooder.
But they were 14 (fourteen!) ducklings and they had a heat-pad plus an infrared-lamp for warmth. And their little duckling house offered a lot of protection against the wind. Just have a look into the spring-ducklings album.
At an age of 5½ weeks i released them to the wild, in the middle of a heavy snowfall…
All doing fine, no colds, coughs or sneezing, just pure action!
I've actaully been to WV the part that is near Pittsburg. Is it Wheeling? Anyway, I don't know jack about it but I do know it gets cold there for sure.

I just put them outside for a little while so i could clean their tub... into to the big wide world. View attachment 1720029
It is definitely more green already here than up in the North. We hit 27°C (80F) today and i am sunburnt - again. But Sunday night when that :mad:-cold-front comes through we're back to -4° (25F).
full

I wouldn’t put unfeatherd duckling out over night yet. They can not regulate their body temp With out their feathers
As experience showed: You can put partially feathered ducklings outside, when they have a good heat-source and there are many (14) of them.

Back
Top Bottom