Hi, I'm new here :). First time incubating eggs and concerned with humidity

MotherDucker3

Chirping
May 28, 2021
Hello,

I am new to incubating eggs. Currently I have 4 duck eggs in my EZ simply incubator.
This incubator does not have a build in hygrometer so I bought one to try and keep track. From what I have read online, humidity for the first few weeks should be about 55%. I have been having issues with trying to keep the humidity consistent. The instructions just say to fill the middle tray on the bottom for first few weeks (There are 5 trays) but its hard to even see how much water is in the tray with the eggs in there... My humidity according to the hygrometer has been between 40%-60%. When I wake up in the morning I go and check the humidity right away and its usually pretty low, about 20% so I have to add water to the incubator first thing every morning and then I also usually add more water in the evening because humidity is dropping again. Is this normal? How often does water need to be added to an incubator usually? I thought it would hold the humidity a bit better.. My Eggs have been in the incubator for 6 days now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Back
Top Bottom