Hi! I'm new here

Khepri114

In the Brooder
Sep 24, 2018
We just moved out on some acreage mid August and just got the chickens up and running!!! We have 6 pullets - (4) barred rock, (2) white leghorn and (2) straight run lavender orphington. They are soooooo cute! Our house that we purchased was not well loved but did come with a chicken coop and run attached to the barn out back, it need some love but we are working on it! :) :) :)

I have read a lot of online articles, as well as Fresh Eggs Daily, can anyone recommend any other good books for a first timer?

Here's some pics of our coop with quite a few hours of work into it, but a lot more needed. Consider these the before pics
IMG_9163.JPG
IMG_9164.JPG
IMG_9165.JPG
IMG_9167.JPG
IMG_9168.JPG
IMG_9169.JPG
IMG_9170.JPG
IMG_9172.JPG
IMG_9163.JPG

byc-welcome.gif

hithere.gif
Awesome that you already have a coop built! Hard to tell from the pics, but is it dark inside? You may try to add another window to add more natural light.

Don't know of any books--- I did all my research online and learned from experience.
But I can offer a few helpful links:

How Much Room Do Chickens Need

Chicken Coop Ventilation -Go out there and cut more holes in your coop

Predator Proofing

Are your pullets still little chicks? These also might be helpful:

Kick The Heat Lamp: Better, Safer And Healthier Options To Heat Your Brooder

Mama Heating Pad

flappyChicken.gif
Raising chickens is so fun and rewarding
flappyChicken.gif

Good luck with your new flock!!

We just moved out on some acreage mid August and just got the chickens up and running!!! We have 6 pullets - (4) barred rock, (2) white leghorn and (2) straight run lavender orphington. They are soooooo cute! Our house that we purchased was not well loved but did come with a chicken coop and run attached to the barn out back, it need some love but we are working on it! :) :) :)

I have read a lot of online articles, as well as Fresh Eggs Daily, can anyone recommend any other good books for a first timer?

Here's some pics of our coop with quite a few hours of work into it, but a lot more needed. Consider these the before pics
View attachment 1542727 View attachment 1542728 View attachment 1542729 View attachment 1542730 View attachment 1542731 View attachment 1542732 View attachment 1542733 View attachment 1542734 View attachment 1542727

Good luck and have fun fixing up the coop!:welcome:):):)

Back
Top Bottom