Hi please help Guinea pigs

Isellsilkies

Songster
Mar 5, 2021
How should I convince my dad to get me a guinea pig he wants me to make money off it soooo I can’t do YouTube I might be able to do breeding I can’t show them cause there’s no comps where I live and I don’t think I could make and sell toys either

Cage liners and fleece beds seem to be the most popular guinea pig items in my experience. They require some basic sewing skills and a bit of ingenuity for stuffing materials to soak up and neutralize the urine smell. Breeding is also a viable option, but you have to be prepared for separate housing for the babies at weaning time by gender and for the instance what to do with babies that don’t sell. We’ve been extremely lucky that DS guinea pigs were all unbred females when he brought them home and I was able to integrate them into an outdoor setting with my birds when their care became too much for his bedroom!

If you have access to Power Point you could make one, either about care, how to make money from them, or both.
If you need any help with it I could help you.

I'm not sure if you could make much money off this, but guinea pig poop is like bunny poo and is good for gardens.
I'm not sure if you could really sell it but at least you could save money from not using fertilizer and use their poop instead. You don't even have to compost.

You can litter train them like a rabbit of cat too, which makes it easy to collect their poop.

I don't know a whole lot about guinea pigs, but I do know that the little cages they sell at oetstores are way too small (and over priced!). I recommend using NIC grids to make a DIY setup instead.
You'll also save money on nit using paper bedding. Instead just use fleece (which you can wash).
I have tons of pictures saved if you'd like me to share.

I would not advise trying to breed guinea pigs to make money, might work if you bred them for meat I am not sure.

as far as I know guinea pig poo is not the same as rabbits it has to be composted.

None of my guinea pigs are litter box trained it is possible but don’t expect all of them to be trainable.

I breed guinea pigs feel free to ask me any questions you have about guinea pigs (please note I am fairly new to guinea pigs).

How should I convince my dad to get me a guinea pig he wants me to make money off it soooo I can’t do YouTube I might be able to do breeding I can’t show them cause there’s no comps where I live and I don’t think I could make and sell toys either
good on you i want you to get one cause i your friend!!!

Back
Top Bottom