Solved Hidden Online Status Issue

Pics

Wishing4Wings

Isn't it Amazing?
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 7, 2012
Sonoma County, CA
It seems there is sometimes a green tab in the corner of member's thread profile. Is this to show that they are currently logged on to the site? (similar to the blue dot we had on the old BYC)
We are finding that the appearance of the green tab is very random. Members are posting, and the green is missing or they cannot see mine, even though I can see it. Is there a trick to getting this to work? It is helpful on a social thread to know who is logged on.

UPDATE EDIT:

MattW Technical Admin Staff Member
I've found the issue, and fixed it. There was a missing permission added due to an addon. I've set it now, so you all have the ability to change your online status again

Thanks to MattM, you can now go to Preferences in your profile and choose your visible online status and current activity.

Last edited:
That's what I thought, but it seems to only work some of the time. We are really missing the currently viewing box, so are hoping the green tabs will fill in the gap, but they are so unreliable. Is there a reason why? For example, there is no green tab by your profile... so I think maybe you have logged off... or did you?? :hmm

I was actively chatting with at least 2 members on granny's thread that never showed a green tab and they could not see mine, but said they could see their own. Even sent a few private conversations. At the same I could see 2 other people with green tabs. This is certainly not an urgent problem, but it seems to work randomly, and we are just trying to figure out how to make it reliable.

So, I think I actually did solve what the trouble is. The green tabs only show for people on mobile. PC users can see their own green tabs, but they are not visible to any other users. Again, not a huge priority, but it would be nice if I new if my fellow PC users are on or not.
@Nifty-Chicken
Interesting, so you cannot see my green tab?

Back
Top Bottom