High Desert, California!!

There is an Antelope Valley Beekeepers group that gets together every 2nd Wednesday of the month at a restaurant on Sierra HWY. I'm new to bees, and have only gone to a couple of meetings but they are very welcoming and helpful. Let me know if you'd like the contact info for the guy who runs it and I will PM you.

If you are just looking for someone to come take them away, the fellas do that, too, tho not always for free.

Mary Beth

Hi desert chicken people. I'm looking for some fertilized eggs for my broody hen. Anyone have anything? I'd like meat or dual purpose but I'm good with just anything at all. If all else fails I can always get fertile eggs from Trader Joes, I guess.

Odyssey Ranch may have some. I was out there a couple weeks ago and he said things were pretty slow egg wise, but it doesn't hurt to call and see now :)

I've been looking for someone to humanely (as possible) process my culls, but the closest I have found is Best Live Poultry in Sylmar. Please PM me details. I'm not sure in up to the task personally (yet?), but I would love to find someone that is.
Have you tried the butcher off the 14fwy and Ave G. had 4 turkey's processed there and they came out beautiful. the place is super clean he does everything except pigs.

661-945-9800 lancaster slaughter house. for my turkeys he charged $15 per bird.

Have you tried the butcher off the 14fwy and Ave G. had 4 turkey's processed there and they came out beautiful. the place is super clean he does everything except pigs.

661-945-9800 lancaster slaughter house. for my turkeys he charged $15 per bird.
Oh thank you for this! I think I'd probably be able to process myself (I mean, I hope I could and not "chicken out"). However I have been looking for somewhere close anyway so this is great info. Thank you.

I am just learning to process at home . I did two more 4.5 month birds today . It gets a lot easier as you gain experience. I am open to another processing party out at our place at the end of February.

Richard in Neenach

Back
Top Bottom