high quality silkie sellers?

boykin2010

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 26, 2010
South Georgia
I am wondering if any of you know who is the best person to buy silkie eggs from. I am looking for show quality silkies. I really only wanted white and buff silkies.
Looking on ebay, i have now realized that many of the silkies sold on there are pet quality. I know there is many people on BYC that sell eggs but can anyone recommend someone specifically that sells high show quality white and buff silkie eggs.

Thank you

patience Grasshopper, we are all busy watching Harley the goat have babies.
lol.png

for whites ultrasol, ultraclasic, bobbi porto, there are alot of good whites out there ( cough)
I'm not sure who for buff sundown

Last edited:
Just so you know. Just because someone has SQ chickens does not mean that you will hatch out all SQ chicks. You might get a couple from a batch of eggs.

ok thanks! i checked out her website but she isnt selling hatching eggs right now. I may contact her anyway though. Reese Poultry what i meant was i just want the best chance of getting SQ chicks and the parents be of good quality.

Check out the auctions pages here on this site. There are a number of silkie breeders that offer eggs, already started chicks and adults. IMO there are some REALLY good quality breeders on this very site.
clap.gif
You can also see in peoples signature line and their websites what kinds of birds they raise, then you can email or PM them to see if they sell them. I have to really practice restraint some days to keep from buying them all!

Quote:
Thanks for the nod, but I don't normally sell hatching eggs. I would recommend contacting Sheryl Butler or Bobbi Porto if hatching eggs are the only way you want to buy. As others have mentioned, hatching eggs aren't the best way to get eggs. Another person to try, although I don't know if she can do only buff and white, is MB Robbins.

Sheryl Butler only raises white and buff in silkies, and Bobbi probably has enough birds to handle a request for only white and buff eggs.

ok i have looked at the websites and pages of the people you have named. I would probably end up getting my buffs from sundown and getting the white from someone else on here. what is bobbi porto's username and sheryl butler username or is that their usernames? I typed it in on the author search but it said no matches.
I do have one question on breeding. If i had 3 white silkie hens and 3 buff silkie hens and 1 white rooster with the hens would i get all white chicks, all buff chicks or a mixture of both? If i get a mixture of both what is the percentage of the colors. Would it be 50 percent white and 50 percent buff?

Back
Top Bottom